Serving your baby homemade baby food is not only inexpensive, fresh, and healthy but simple as well. You can make sure that your little one is getting fresh food and the right nutrients according to the requirements and preferences of the baby and that too while remaining within your budget. Here are some easy hacks on preparing baby food with blender at home:
- Before making the baby food, wash all the utensils that would be used and your hands.
- Wash fruits and vegetables that would be used for preparing the meal for your baby. Afterwards, peel and chop them accordingly. For babies in the initial stages of weaning, vegetables and fruits like avocados, bananas, peas, sweet potatoes, butternut squash are some of the good options that could be smoothly pureed or mashed.
- There are different ways for preparing baby food: steaming, boiling, baking, and microwaving. Amongst all these methods steaming is believed to be the best one as it locks the key nutrients which are generally lost during the process of other cooking methods.
- Use a baby food blender for pureeing the baby food. 10 best baby food blender-comprehensive guide can make your decision easy if you like to purchase blender.
- Once the food is prepared, immediately cover and refrigerate it. Do not refrigerate pureed food for more than three days.
- If you want to save on your effort and time, you can prepare meals in bulk and then freeze them. However, remember to freeze in small portions so that they can be easily used later. Small pouches, silicon trays, plastic or glass jars could be used for this purpose. Avoid refreezing the leftovers and freezing raw food.
- Introduce one new item at a time to your baby and then wait for a few days. This would check for any food allergies and the baby’s reaction to that food. Immediately contact your pediatrician if there are any breathing issues, swelling, sneezing, rashes, or hives.
Avoid feeding your baby infant rice cereals since they are high in arsenic. Arsenic is believed to be amongst the recognized causes of cancer. On the contrary, whole grain or oats are a healthier option. For preparing oats or whole grain cereal, cook them in water till they are tender and then blend in your baby food blender for a fine texture. Breast or formula milk could be added to the cereal if you want a thinner consistency.